When it comes to losing weight, breakfast has always been a struggle for me.
I am NOT a morning person – and I always crave something sweet and carby.
My two all-time favorites?
Donuts & French Toast!
My love for these has forced me to get creative and come up with low-calorie, high protein alternatives.
I already shared my low-calorie high protein donut alternative.
Side note, I also shared my very favorite smoothie recipe also.
& Now finally, this morning I thought of a way to make low-calorie, low-carb, high protein cinnamon French Toast.
& I couldn’t be more excited because it tastes no different than the regular French Toast I make!!
I hate recipe posts that ramble, so I’ll wrap it up and get to what you came here for.
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe is for 6 slices – to share or meal prep.
Low Calorie, High Protein French Toast
- 6 slices Healthy Life 35 Calorie Honey Wheat Bread
- 2/3 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/5 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Isopure zero carb unflavored protein You can use different protein powder, but I suggest unflavored or vanilla. Here is the one I use: https://amzn.to/2RwMyFp
- 1/4 cup Mrs. Butterworths Sugar Free Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon to taste
- Mix together almond milk, egg white, and protein powder until smooth.
- Dip each bread slice in egg mixture, turning to coat evenly on both sides.
- Spinkle Cinnamon on bread to taste
- Cook bread slices on lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Drizzle with syrup to taste.
Disclaimer: Always consult with your doctor before making any health, fitness, or diet changes. By using this website, blog, e-mails, or any of our programs, services, or products, you implicitly signify your agreement to all parts of the full disclaimer found at this link.
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.